Amenities to Look for When Shopping for RV Storage
As any RV owner knows, there are definitely perks to having your own recreational vehicle. You can go on long road trips with the family, camp out in super cool locations, and basically have your own home-on-the-go. No matter what you do or where you go with your RV, it’s important to have a safe home for it when you aren’t using it. But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t happen to have a giant garage made just for your RV attached to your house. So, what are you supposed to do? Well, if you aren’t planning on using your RV for a while, it might be smart to put it in storage so you can be sure it’s safe, secure, and you don’t have to constantly worry about it. But isn’t that all expensive? Fortunately, it doesn’t’ have to be! So, when you’re shopping around for RV storage, there are definitely things to keep in mind, other than the cost. Yes, getting a good deal is obviously important—and here at Affordable Storage we know we can get you a good deal—but it’s also important to make sure your RV will be in good hands.
A Large Enough Space is KeyIt’s important to make sure that whatever storage company you choose has units large enough to accommodate your RV. After all, RVs come in many sizes, so you need to make sure yours will fit into the particular unit you’re interested in. Fortunately, at Affordable Storage, we have several different sizes of canopy, enclosed, and open parking RV storage. Our RV storage units range in size from 25 feet to 50 feet. Our enclosed units all have 14-foot overhead doors. This means that no matter what size RV you own, we have a unit that can safely fit it. Before you decide which size unit to rent, you also need to keep in mind that you don’t want your RV to just barely fit in the unit. You need room to get in and out, move any belongings in and out, allow doors and storage access bays to open and steps to come down, and just to be safe and cautious. Clearly, when it comes to storing your RV for any amount of time, having a large enough storage unit is key.
Safety Measures MatterAnother important amenity to look for when shopping around for RV storage are safety precautions. At any storage facility, you want to ensure that safety measures are taken to ensure whatever you’re putting away is kept secure. And when the thing that you’re storing is an entire recreational vehicle, that becomes even more important. At Affordable Storage, we not only have computerized gate access, but we also have camera surveillance. So, if anything were to happen, we could see what went down. But really, having these safety measures when storing something as important (and expensive) as an RV is crucial. Whether you want your RV locked away for a few months while you can’t travel or want a place to store the vehicle year-round when you’re not using it, having a solid security system in place is always a good idea.
Other Amenities to Look ForYou know that it’s important to look for a good price, good safety measures, and a large enough space when you’re trying to find somewhere to store your RV. But are there any other amenities to look for when shopping for RV storage? Yes! There definitely are, and some of them might surprise you. Here are a few we offer here at Affordable Storage:
- Dump station: Storing your RV with empty, clean tanks is crucial to avoiding unpleasant surprises the next time you’re ready to take a trip.
- Air and water station: When you’re ready to take that next trip, ensuring proper tire inflation and filling up your fresh water tank before you leave will go a long way toward having the safest, most pleasant trip you can.
- Staging area: The best part about RV life is being able to take your own things with you. The worst part is loading them all into the RV before you go and taking it all out when you get back. Having a staging area where you can park for loading and unloading makes that process much easier.
- Concrete paths and roads: When you load your RV into your storage unit, concrete roads and driveways ensure that you don’t have to worry about damage being done to the vehicle. Concrete paths mean everything doesn’t get dusty when loading and unloading your RV.
- Location, location, location: Between trips, you will inevitably find you need something at home that you left in your RV after the last journey. Having a safe, secure RV storage location that is also close by is invaluable. Fortunately, we have 10 storage locations across the Lubbock area, and three of them offer RV and boat storage, so we’ve got you covered.