10 Tips for Organizing and Storing Holiday Decorations
With the 2021 holidays behind us, many of us have only just begun taking down our decorations. Spring cleaning is right around the corner, and clearing out what remains of the holiday season will give yourself a fresh start to the New Year. But where to begin? Here are 10 tips for organizing and storing your indoor and outdoor holiday decorations.
- Disassemble all outdoor decorations. Take a picture to keep with your items so you can remember the setup for next time. Also, remove any batteries to prevent corrosion and increase the lifespan of your holiday decor.
- Wrap and label! This goes for your extension cords, timers, and power strips. Use Zip Lock bags for easy storage, and keep these things stored together if possible so you know exactly what materials are needed for your decorations next year.
- Determine the best type of storage container for your items. Will a traditional bin work best or will a storage bag be ideal for large or bulky items?
- Assess your storage space. If you purchased new decorations over the holiday season, you may be bursting at the seams and running out of closet space. Attics aren’t always the best choice during the summer months when decorations can fade or overheat.
- Consider a storage rental. They can come in all sizes, and if you choose A Plus Super Storage, you know your items are secure, climate-controlled, and monitored for safety.
- Use dividers to store your glass Christmas tree ornaments, which can be purchased or made with leftover cardboard. Cardboard spools can make wrapping Christmas lights a cinch.
- Separate glass and shatter-proof ornaments in storage or ornament containers to prevent breakage when unpacking for next year. Taking down the tree can seem overwhelming, but you’ll be glad you stayed organized!
- If taking down an artificial Christmas tree, consider investing in a tree bag that can keep your tree packed neatly until you need it again. Remember to contact your city or waste removal company before putting a live Christmas tree out to the curb for pick up.
- Color-code and label storage bins. Doing this will help categorize your decorations, so you know what’s in them before you open the lid.
- Consider an external storage solution to store your Christmas trees, wreaths, wrapping paper, storage bins, and other decorations so they can bring you joy year after year. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the number of bins stacking up in your hallway, A Plus Super Storage can help with affordable and trusted storage rentals! Knowing your items are safe, secured, and temperature-controlled will bring you peace of mind.